Teachers, Parents, and Students can ALL refer for consideration to the Explorers Program.
Referrals can be made by clicking here for the online form
Please consider the student’s needs by reviewing this document
Once a student is referred, the following process will be followed:
- Existent test data will be reviewed
- A permission to test letter will be sent to parents
- Teachers will be asked to complete the Superior Rating Scale of Behavioral Characteristics of Superior Students (SRBCSS)
- Students will be scheduled to take the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
- Please note: Testing is done in September, January, and June (or through parental permission outside this window of time).
- Initial testing results will be mailed to parents
- The GT Advisory Board will convene to blindly review scores and data. It is the GT Advisory Board that recommends students for identification
- Families will receive a letter with the decision of the GT Advisory Board