RSU 22 Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Goal #1 Student Learning and Outcomes: To improve individual student engagement and achievement
Goal #2 Provide Adequate Resources to Support Our Mission
Goal #3 Ensure Effective Governance to Achieve Mission
Goal #4 Ensure Effective Communication and Public Relations
Glossary of Terms
- EDUCATE – a software program that contains Learning standards, rubrics and tasks/assessments
- Scopes – A scope of learning targets is the articulation of the breadth and depth of a specific Measurement Topic
- Scoring Guide – Used to aid teachers in fair and consistent assessment expectations and practices
- Rubric – A tool used to communicate a set of criteria linked to an assignment or assessment. A rubric helps the learner understand what to do to achieve success.
- Proficiency-Based Learning/Education – Proficiency-based learning refers to systems of instruction, assessment, grading, and academic reporting that are based on students demonstrating understanding or mastery of the knowledge and skills they are expected to learn as they progress through their education.
- Learning Targets – A learning target/goal is a statement of what learners will know, understand, or be skilled at.
- Art and Science of Teaching Framework – Developed by Robert Marzano, large scale education and school improvement research
- Voice and Choice – giving a learner some options for demonstrating proficiency
- Education Foundation – support the RSU 22 schools
- IObservation – software to track educator effectiveness
- Marzano – Robert Marzano provides practical translations of the most current research and theory into classroom strategies are internationally known and widely practiced by both teachers and administrators.
- BOD – Board of Directors (School Board)
- AC – Administrative Council
- Reps – representatives
- Ed. Committee – Education Committee (sub committee of School Board)
- PLC – Professional Learning Community
- PD – Professional Development
- PREP – Penobscot River Education Partnership
- MCCL – Maine Cohort for Customized Learning
- MCL – Mass Customized Learning (customizing learning for many students)
- PTO – Parent Teacher Organization
- SEMRC – Supervision Evaluation Model Research Committee
- NEASC – New England Association of School and Colleges